Take Your Daughter to the Course Week
Take Your Daughter to the Course Week is a grassroots player development initiative designed to attract junior girls to the game and encourage family interaction on the course. Participating facilities offer free green fees and a free instructional clinic to junior girls accompanied by a paying adult.
Take Your Daughter to the Course Week is spearheaded by the National Golf Course Owners Association and promoted in coordination with the PGA of America.
Results of the Take Your Daughter to the Course Week in 2009:
- 1.200 participating golf courses
- Average of 32 golfers
Level of Success
|1) 38.400 participants in 2009|
2) Increase in revenue through adult rounds
3) Good and original name
4) Supported by lots of golf organizations
|1) Only 6,48% of the total golf courses in|
America is participating the program
Participating courses just have to offer free green fees to young ladies accompanied by a paying adult and a free instructional clinic. Private, resort and daily fee golf courses are invited to participate based on their level of interest as well as their history of providing player development programming for junior girls.
Registered host facilities are provided with a complete turnkey operation including:
• Program guidelines
• Promotional collateral
• Best practices
• Customizable press materials
The registered facilities receive:
- A facility listing on PlayGolfAmerica.com, facilitating exposure to hundreds of thousands of golfers, beginners to seasoned pros, looking for fun, affordable programs.
- Access to marketing materials that make it easy to execute a local marketing campaign, ensuring success and profits.
All marketing materials were developed to help host facilities generate the excitement, community involvement, and incremental business that can come from participation in this program. Available materials include posters, sample press release, sample e-mail blast, flyer, and more.