Family Golf Month
Click here to enter the website.
During one month of the year, the Family Golf Month, golf courses will offer a series of programs for you to learn and play golf as a family.
Go to any course this season, and soon realize that playing golf, even in your hometown, may be the perfect vacation. It is hard to imagine a better family activity than golf. Take your family golfing and enjoy a day outside:
- Walking through beautiful rolling fairways,
- Sipping on some cool lemonade,
- Sharing special conversation, and
- Simply spending quality time with each other.
The Family Golf Month is part of the Play Golf America growth-of-the-game initiative, which is launched in 2004.
- National promotions:
o Facilities: 1,250
o Average golfers per facility site: 78,6
o Median incremental sales per facility: $1,460
- Consumer Profiles:
o New consumers: 35%
o New golfers/beginners: 26%
o Men/women/juniors: 31%, 15%, 54%
- Business generators; consumer retention rates following promotions
o Instruction: 22%
o Tee times: 31%
o Equipment: 19%
o Leagues: 6%
o Memberships: 4%
Level of Success
|1) The impact to business at the facility level|
2) Huge reach; 98.250 golfers on average
3) Excellent activity for the whole family
|1) The golf courses have to organize several |
programs on their course
Golf courses in target markets will be offering several programs on their course.