The Family Golf Challenge
The Family Golf Challenge is an amateur skills competition designed to introduce more women and children to the sport of golf. With a strategic focus on providing families with a sports and leisure-time activity that brings the family together, the event also gets them involved in a charitable cause.
Whether you are an avid golfer or are new to the game, the program has been designed to engage the family unit in a fun, rewarding and philanthropic experience.
- Long Drive and Putting Challenges
- Two-Person Teams Comprisedfor Adults & Juniors (12 Categories)
- Singles in Three Different Age Groups (6 Categories)
- 18 Individual Categories
This new tournament format was developed by Managing Partners Bill Carroll, John Carroll and Jon Clay in 2011.
The tournament mission is to:
- Engage amateur players of all economic and ethnic backgrounds in a challenging, fun and philanthropic golf experience.
- Target the "Core Golfer" as a means to attract more women and children into the sport.
- Support the PGA of America's GOLF 2.0 industry initiative:GROWING THE GAME - Friends, Family, Fun!
- Retain and Strengthen the Golfing Core
- Engage "Lapsed" Golfers
- Drive New Players
- Enhance and leverage the United States Golf Association's "For the Good of the Game" mission.
- Strategic focus on growing the game as defined by the # of rounds played.
- Capitalize upon a distinct market niche and untapped segment as a means to broaden and stimulate participation.
Level of Success
- Two seperate Challenges: Long Drive & Putting.
- Twelve (12) individual categories of Teams.
- Male & Female Singles in six (6) categories.
- Entry-Fee = $10.00 per Challenge.
- Unlimited Re-entries = $5.00 per Challenge.
- Competition open during PGA TOUR tournament play (Thursday-Sunday).
- Winners in eighteen (18) categories win prizes.
- 100% of each entry-fee donated to designated Local Chapter of The First Tee.